JOIN THE MOVEMENT TO END THE INJUSTICE OF BLACK INFANT AND MOM DEATHS IN LA COUNTY.
Join our African American Infant and Maternal Mortality Community Action Team! Email: [email protected]
San Fernando & Santa Clarita Valleys COVID-19 Panel: A Vaccine Conversation For African American Families - EVENT RECAP
Wednesday, February 17th, 2021 from 10am-12pm
During this event we discussed concerns and explored options related to the COVID-19 vaccine with a panel of local medical and legal experts. It was an opportunity for our community to ask questions in a safe space. Panelists included:
• Valley Presbyterian Hospital
• General Counsel, Tamala Choma Esq.
• Director of Women’s Services, Marcia Lynch, RN, MSN
• Los Angeles County Department of Public Health – Tina Franco, MPH, Health Educator
• September Williams, MD, Physician-Writer & Bioethicist
• Kaiser Permanente – Sharon K. Okonkwo-Holmes, MD. Family Physician and Physician Lead for the Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity Council
Panel discussion was moderated by Aqueelah Russell from Northeast Valley WIC
View the event recap below: