If your family has been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and needs financial assistance, you may qualify for help through BIG:LEAP. The City of Los Angeles has launched the BIG:LEAP (Basic Income Guaranteed: Los Angeles Economic Assistance Pilot) program, the largest guaranteed basic income pilot in the nation designed to bring about more equitable opportunities for families. The City’s program will provide $1,000 a month for 12 months to approximately 3,200 eligible families across Los Angeles in an effort to increase financial opportunities for households who are living below the poverty line.
Requirements for applicants include:
- Must reside in the City of Los Angeles
- Must be at least 18-years-old or older,
- Must have at least one dependent child OR be pregnant
- Income must be at or below the federal poverty level
- Have experienced economic and/or medical hardship related to COVID-19
Applications will be accepted through Sunday, November 7, 2021. Applicants can visit their closest Family Source Center for assistance, or go online for more information: www.BIGLEAP.lacity.org. If you need assistance completing your application, please call 3-1-1 to connect with a community partner.
See flier for more details:
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter