Breathe is a guaranteed income pilot project that will provide 1,000 eligible residents with $1,000 per month for three years. While the benefits of guaranteed income programs have been documented, this will also be an independent research project that will be used to study the effects of this type of program so that the County and other jurisdictions can learn about the project’s impact on the economic stability of participants, as well as its impact on participants’ overall health and well-being.
Application process begins March 31st and closes April 13th. Complete online from any computer or phone at the website: breathe.lacounty.gov
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for this pilot project, you must meet all of these requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Live in a Los Angeles County neighborhood that falls at or below 100% of the County’s Area Median Household Income (AMI) (see Eligiblity Map)
- Have a household income that falls at or below 100% of the County’s AMI, for a single person household, or have a household income that falls at or below 120% of the County’s AMI for households with two or more persons (see Income Eligibility Table)
- Have been negatively financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Not be currently enrolled in another Guaranteed Income project offered by the County, a city, or other public or private entity
Note: Only one person will be eligible to participate in the project per household.
Do you like this post?
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter